Tuesday 2 February 2010

Looking at Artist work!


I have been looking at some illustrations and paintings by certain artists to broaden my horizon a little and just to look at the colour and composition of their work. It may spark a visual concept for me so its interesting to analyse a piece of work for that reason alone.






These 3 pieces of work were done by an artist named Borisenko Pavel. I just love the shapes and colours of the work. To me i can see certain elements of the shape and composition that suggests a little futurism in there.




This piece of work was done by Marcus Harvey of the depiction of the child killer Myra Hindly. The reason why i was looking at this piece of work is because interestingly the whole painting was produced by the prints of a child's hand. Its a really controversial piece of work but nevertheless very striking. This has sparked off an idea for me, specifically the use of hand prints that tells me identity is one of the themes that stands out when i see handprints. Going to see where this idea goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment